How It Works.... Not Real Gambling, But Real Fun!
BAMA Derby has a history of producing exceptional events that cater to our client's specific needs. We pride ourselves on our ability to create a unique experience for each event, no matter how big or small. Our team of professionals will assist you in planning and executing all aspects of your event to ensure that it is a success. Whether it's a fundraising event, a corporate party, or a team building event, we have you covered. Click here to contact us to learn more about our services.
1. Each guests receives $500 in funny money
- The money is distributed when guests arrive
- The funny money can be custom printed or our basic BAMA Derby money can be used
- The custom money can have a sponsor logo on it to help raise money for the charity or for helping to cover the costs of the party
2. There will be Race Programs at the door and placed at high traffic areas of the party
- The Race Program is custom printed for each event. This allows for sponsor logos, and will include race tips to help the guests pick the horses more likely to win
3. The MC / Race Announcer will announce when the first race will start and each guest will visit the cashier with their funny money and place their bets. The cashiers will also help those who do not know how to place bets.
4. Each race will run and the winners will be on the screen and guests will approach the cashiers to collect their winnings and place bets for the next race.
5. At the end of the 6th and last race, the guests will collect their winnings, and exchange their funny money for a ticket. The guests will get 1 ticket for each $500 they have (We round up to the nearest $500). ALL guests regardless of losing all their funny money will have at least one ticket.
6. The guests will take their tickets and drop them in a fishbowl and there will be a drawing for prizes at the conclusion.
- Best Ladies Hat
- Best Mens Hat
- Best Dressed Lady
- Best Dressed Man
- Best Dressed Couple
THEME IT OUT!
1. Set the Tone with Invitations and Dress Code: Start by sending out themed invitations that set the mood for the event. Encourage attendees to dress in the spirit of the Kentucky Derby, with popular styles including fancy hats for the ladies and dapper suits for the gents.
2. Serve the traditional food from the Kentucky Derby:
- Hot Brown Sandwich: A famous open-faced sandwich made with turkey, bacon, and a rich Mornay sauce.
- Benedictine Spread: A cucumber and cream cheese spread, often used for sandwiches or as a dip.
- Derby Pie: A rich pie filled with chocolate and walnuts.
- Country Ham: Thin slices of salt-cured ham, often served on biscuits.
- Pimento Cheese: A creamy spread made with cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos.
- Fried Chicken: A Southern staple that's often enjoyed during Derby celebrations.
- Cornbread: A type of bread made from cornmeal, commonly served in the South.
- Bourbon Balls: Sweet confections made with chocolate and bourbon.
- Collard Greens: A traditional Southern side dish, often cooked with ham hocks or bacon.
3. Serve Traditional Derby Drinks: Offer traditional Kentucky Derby drinks like the Mint Julep. The classic recipe includes bourbon, crushed ice, sugar syrup, water, and fresh mint. Serving this iconic drink will give your corporate event an authentic Derby feel.